Technical University of Moldova (TUM)
Technical University of Moldova was established in 1964, originally under the name “Polytechnic Institute of Chisinau”, based on engineering and economic specialties transferred from Moldova State University. There were 5140 students enrolled (2085 of them being full-time students) at the university in the first academic year (1964 – 1965) at five faculties: Electrotechnology, Mechanics, Technology, Constructions and Economics. The academic staff included 278 teachers and only 36 of them held scientific/academic degrees and titles. UTM also offers postgraduate education (1442 master’s degree and 124 doctoral students), staff retraining and professional development courses.
Over the long years of its history, UTM has trained more than 78 387 specialists.
Also, the university has a rich and modern technical-scientific library with reading rooms, workshop spaces for digital manufacturing, industrial design and engineering, specialized laboratories and computer centers.