Tajik Technical University (TTU)
Tajik Technical University (TTU) named after academician M. Osimi was founded in 1956 as a Stalinabad Polytechnical Institute. TTU is the first and leading higher technical educational institution in Tajikistan.
In 1961 Stalinabad Polytechnical Institute was renamed into the Tajik Polytechnic Institute (TPI).
In 1992 Tajik Polytechnical Institute was awarded the status of the Technical University.
In 1997 the Tajik Technical University was named after the first rector – the famous scientist and statesman Muhammad Osimi
Over the years the University has trained more than 60,000 engineers, architects, industry economists and scientific-pedagogical specialists of high qualification in the field of energy , architecture and construction, transport, telecommunications technology , management and transport construction , as well as metallurgy and chemical engineering , who work not only in Tajikistan , but also far abroad .
University is constantly developing new and effective methods of organizing and improving the educational process and research activities aimed to develop the professional thinking of future specialists, to train highly qualified engineers capable to solve the most important technical and social problems. Currently, training is conducted on 64 specialties at 40 humanities general education, general engineering departments.
The University has 7 faculties, Khujand Polytechnical Institute and Dushanbe Technical College. Also, the University has 8 dormitories including one for foreigners.